Skip to content >>

 

David Berry hospital buildings

David Berry Hospital

David Berry Hospital

Tannery Rd
Berry NSW 2535
Ph: 02 4464 1001

David Berry Hospital provides rehabilitation and specialist palliative care for the Shoalhaven.

In his will of 1889, local agriculturalist and landowner David Berry directed his trustees to set aside the sum of £100,000 "for the purpose of erecting a hospital for diseases for the benefit particularly of inhabitants of Broughton Creek and the District of Shoalhaven"

A temporary hospital was established in a cottage on the banks of Broughton Creek. In 1909 the David Berry Hospital was opened as a state health institution.

The Hospital was regarded as being different from other country hospitals as it was entirely under Government control.

For further information about fundraising for our services or making a donation please see our Fundraising and Donations and Bequests page.