Milton Ulladulla Hospital
106 Princes Highway
PO Box 88
Ph: 02 4455 1333
Fax: 02 4454 9140
Milton Ulladulla Hospital is rural acute facility that provides services including emergency, general medical and minor surgical services, antenatal and postnatal services, renal, palliative, ambulatory care and oncology outpatient’s services for the southern Shoalhaven.
As with all District services, Milton-Ulladulla Hospital is networked with all other District sites and services. Support is provided across a broad range of services primarily by the Shoalhaven hub facility, Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital, (61km or 49mins from Milton-Ulladulla Hospital), with District wide tertiary acute services at Wollongong Hospital (137km or 1hr 53mins from Milton-Ulladulla Hospital) providing higher level services.
A Cancer Services Centre was established in 2003 to provide an outpatient oncology clinic for the community. Despite a major setback caused by fire destroying the original clinic building in March 2005, the new Centre, built with community funds was transferred to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District and opened its doors in 2008.
The hospital also operates a 7 chair renal dialysis service and specialised palliative care beds.
Birthing services are currently not provided at Milton Ulladulla Hospital. Local women have access to a 7-day antenatal and postnatal midwifery service. An obstetrician continues to visit Milton each Wednesday for antenatal clinic appointments to assist in providing care to pregnant women; who continue to birth at Shoalhaven Hospital. Clinical communication between Milton and Shoalhaven Hospitals has also been enhanced. For more information and latest updates visit the birthing services page.
This hospital is fully accredited by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS)
The first hospital in the Milton Ulladulla area was established in 1908 by Harold Riley, it was a basic facility which employed nurses to care for patients. In 1936 it was transferred to government control, and in 1938 was renamed to the current Milton Ulladulla Hospital. By 1967, it had outgrown the original cottage and was relocated to the current buildings with the then Governor of New South Wales Sir Roden Cutler officially opening the new facility.