Partnering with Patients
The Clinical Excellence Commission (CEC) has established the Partnering with Patients program to foster the inclusion of patients and family as care team members to promote safety and quality.
The Partnering with Patients program includes the establishment of the Patient Care Challenge of which ISLHD is a participant.
The aim of this Challenge is to assist health services to improve patient based care.
Taking up the Challenge requires a range of strategies to help transform health care services for patient-based care including:
- Communication of the mission
- Engaging patients, families and carers
- Supporting engagement to transform care
- Use of patient feedback to drive change
- Focus on the work environment
- Building staff capacity
- Supporting a learning organisational culture