The Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD is prepared to manage the impact of COVID-19 on the region. The situation with the spread of COVID-19 is regularly changing, so our planning is flexible to ensure our local hospitals are well equipped and ready to deal with all levels of severity.
COVID-19 Assessment Clinics are being established in the Illawarra Shoalhaven so those with symptoms may be tested and treated quickly.
The best way to protect against COVID-19 is the same as any respiratory infection such as the flu:
- Always practise good hygiene
- Wash your hands often. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick.
The community is encouraged to keep up to date with the latest information on COVID-19 via the NSW Health Website.
- Latest ISLHD COVID-19 case numbers
- Local foundation boosts ventilator and PPE stocks - 2 April 2020
- Further restrictions for visitors to our hospitals - 31 March 2020
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District increases visitor restrictions - 25 March 2020
- COVID-19 Assessment Clinics open at Shoalhaven and Shellharbour - 23 March 2020
- Elective Surgery and Intensive Care at Wollongong Hospital - 20 March 2020
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District limits hospital visitors - 19 March 2020
- COVID-19 Assessment Clinic now open at Wollongong Hospital - 16 March 2020