Illawarra Shoalhaven Sexual Health Service
Port Kembla Clinic
Phone: 02 4223 8457
Fax: 02 4276 2521
Clinic Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 4.30pm, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday till 7pm
Location: Lower ground floor, Port Kembla Hospital, Cnr Cowper and Fairfax Rd, Warrawong.
Cost: The service is free and a Medicare card is not essential. When presenting to the Sexual Health Clinic clients will be required to provide some identifying information and contact details.
We provide confidential medical, nursing and counselling services for the following people:
- Men who have sex with men
- People living with HIV
- Sex workers
- People who inject drugs
- Aboriginal people
- Youth at risk
- People with symptoms of a sexually transmissible infection (STI)
We treat people diagnosed with chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, herpes, HIV and Hepatitis C and accept people with doctor’s referrals.
Our services are:
- Information and advice for safer sex
- Specialist medical services for HIV monitoring and management
- STI information, targeted testing, management and contact tracing
- Pre and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP and PEP) for people at high risk of contracting HIV
- Information, advice and support for GPs and other health care workers
- Information and counselling for gay and lesbian concerns and issues related to HIV and STIs
- Clinical trials and research
We work in collaboration with the HIV & Related Programs Unit (HARP) in prevention, promotion and educational activities.