COVID-19 Assessment Clinics are established in the Illawarra Shoalhaven so those with symptoms may be tested and treated quickly.
People do not need a GP referral to the clinic, but are encouraged to phone ahead for an appointment.
Anyone with symptoms should come forward for COVID-19 testing. Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- sore/scratchy throat and
- shortness of breath.
You may also need to be tested, even if you don't have any symptoms, if you have visited certain venues. For up-to-date details please view the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW list on the NSW Government website.
A full list of COVID-19 testing clinics in NSW is available on the NSW Health website.
You can get tested for COVID-19 at the following ISLHD hospitals:
- T: 4222 5078
- Opening hours:
- Monday-Friday - 8:00am-8:00pm
- Saturday-Sunday - 8:00am-4:30pm
- Lawson House, Wollongong Hospital - Loftus St, Wollongong
- Entry to the clinic is via the dedicated drop off (only) zone on Loftus Street, which is clearly sign posted. Click here for details for parking at the hospital.
- T: 1300 002 108
- Opening hours:
- 8:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-4:00pm, 7 days
- Hospital in the Home (HITH) area, Shoalhaven Hospital - 2 Scenic Drive, Nowra
- Entry to the clinic is via the Shoalhaven Street driveway.
- T: 4295 2862
- Opening hours:
- Monday-Friday - 8:30am-8:00pm
- Saturday-Sunday - 8:30am-4:30pm
- Ambulatory Care Centre (ACC), Shellharbour Hospital - 15-17 Madigan Boulevarde, Mt Warrigal
- Follow the signs from the Hospital entrance to the Ambulatory Care Centre carpark. There will be a drop-off zone at the carpark steps.
- T: 4454 9100
- Milton Ulladulla Hospital - 106 Princes Highway, Milton
- Enter via main hospital entrance and proceed to Reception.
The community are urged to visit an alternative site, such as the Ulladulla Respiratory Clinic, if there is heavy demand for testing at the hospital. Please phone Milton Ulladulla Hospital on 4454 9100 before visiting for testing.
The Ulladulla Respiratory Clinic provides free COVID-19 testing and is open from 8am to 7pm. The Clinic is located at 114 Princes Highway Ulladulla, in the carpark behind Anytime Fitness. Access is via the carpark from South Street and parking is available on site. Please note this is not a drive-through Clinic. Appointments are essential and can be made via HotDoc Ulladulla Respiratory Clinic or by phoning 4455 5422.
- Albion Park Showground
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
GP Respiratory Clinics - COVID-19
The Australian Government has also established GP respiratory clinics locally to clinically assess people with mild to moderate COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, a sore throat and/or tiredness). These clinics are not operated by Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
The clinics are by appointment only, and are free for patients. For more information and to register for an appointment:
Helensburgh Respiratory Clinic
129 Parkes Street, Helensburgh, NSW 2508
Phone: 4294 1400
195 Kerry Street, Sanctuary Point, NSW 2540
Phone: 0478 799 400
Ulladulla Respiratory Clinic
114 Princes Highway, Ulladulla, NSW 2539
Phone: 4455 5422
The following private facilities also provide COVID-19 testing:
GP referral required, drive thru testing clinics
37 Denison St
Bookings essential on 4224 7474
109A Shellharbour Rd
No appointment necessary
57 Junction St
Bookings essential on 4423 3111
GP referral required
Shop 5/145 Balgownie Rd
Appointments only. T: 4283 5427 E: Balgownie@laverty.com.au
- Barrack Heights (Shellharbour) - drive thru testing clinic
Centre Health Complext
9-25 Captain Cook Drive, Barrack Heights (entry via Phillip Cres)
T: 0413 246 488
- Wollongong (drive thru testing clinic)
406 Crown St
Bookings available on 0466 806 074