At Port Kembla Hospital you will find the inpatient Palliative Care Unit, the Specialist Community Palliative Care Service, the Equipment Loan Pool, the Volunteer Service and the Wig Library.
The Palliative Care Unit is located on the first floor of the Port Kembla Hospital and includes:
- 15 beds (9 single rooms and 3 double rooms).
- An enclosed garden retreat for patients and visitors.
- A volunteer service, helping to create a home-like environment on the ward for patients.
- Allied Health therapists, social workers and pastoral care.
- Facilities for family members to stay overnight if required.
- Wig Library.
- Kiosk (8:10am - 3:15pm Monday to Friday). Located on ground floor. Closed weekends and public holidays.