The Wound Care Service provides specialist wound care assessment and management for complex wounds.
What services do we provide?
- Illawarra Leg Ulcer Clinic at Port Kembla Hospital fortnightly (see below)
- Leg Clubs at Warilla and St Georges basin - every Tuesday 9:00am-12:00pm
- Referrals to the nursing Wound Care Specialists
The Illawarra Leg Ulcer Clinic (ILUC) is staffed by community nurses and general practitioners with a special interest in the diagnosis and treatment leg ulcers.
ILUC is situated in the Rehabilitation Outpatients Department, Ground Floor, Port Kembla Hospital.
The service caters for people:
- with any lower leg or foot ulcers (Note: this excludes people with diabetes who should be seen in the Diabetic High Risk Foot Clinic).
- who have been previously seen by a GP or a primary health nurse.
- reside in the area covered by Wollongong, Shellharbour or Kiama local government areas.
- are not currently under the care of a vascular surgeon.
Health Professionals can make a referral through the Access and Referral Centre.
Referrals to the Illawarra Leg Ulcer Clinic must be done on their referral form.