We support pregnant women and household members who want to quit smoking. Midwives and other health professionals provide quit smoking advice, information and support during pre and post-natal care.
The No Butts Baby service provides the following:
• Telephone assessment and advice to clients about quitting during pregnancy
• Mail out factsheets and info about quitting smoking during pregnancy and info about the correct use of nicotine quit products
• Free sample of nicotine quit products. This can include a sample of free nicotine products (such as patches and gum) and other quit smoking aids.
• Offer text messaging referral
• Offer Quitline referral
• Offer follow-up telephone support
For more information email ISLHD-HealthPromotion-NoButtsBaby@health.nsw.gov.au
This short video dispels some of the myths about smoking and quitting while pregnant.
This animation provides options to pregnant women to help make quitting less stressful and discusses products available to reduce cravings.
Both videos have been developed in partnership with NSW Health. They will be shown to women during antenatal visits with their midwife and played in hospital and community health centre waiting rooms.
If you are pregnant and would like to quit smoking, speak to your midwife, download the 'Quit for You - Quit for Two' App or call the Quitline on 13 78 48.