The Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD is prepared to respond to cases or outbreaks of COVID-19 rapidly, to reduce and manage the impact of COVID-19 in the region. The situation with the spread of COVID-19 is regularly changing, so our planning is flexible to ensure our public health team and local hospitals are well equipped to respond.
COVID-19 Assessment Clinics have been established in the Illawarra Shoalhaven so those with symptoms may be tested and treated quickly. For a list of public COVID-19 clinics throughout NSW visit the NSW Health website.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Anyone with symptoms should come forward for COVID-19 testing. Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include fatigue, muscle pain, joint pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
The best way to protect against COVID-19 is the same as any respiratory infection such as the flu:
- Always practise good hygiene.
- Wash your hands often. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick.
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others and avoid crowded places.
- Wear a mask if you can't keep 1.5 metres away from others. This may include on public transport or while working in hospitality or around vulnerable people.
The community is encouraged to keep up to date with the latest information on COVID-19 via the NSW Health Website.
COVID-19 HealthPathways for Health Professionals