The Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD is prepared to manage the impact of COVID-19 on the region. The situation with the spread of COVID-19 is regularly changing, so our planning is flexible to ensure our local hospitals are well equipped and ready to deal with all levels of severity.
COVID-19 Assessment Clinics have been established in the Illawarra Shoalhaven so those with symptoms may be tested and treated quickly. For a list of public COVID-19 clinics throughout NSW visit the NSW Health website.
The best way to protect against COVID-19 is the same as any respiratory infection such as the flu:
- Always practise good hygiene
- Wash your hands often. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick.
The community is encouraged to keep up to date with the latest information on COVID-19 via the NSW Health Website.
COVID-19 HealthPathways for Health Professionals