The Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD is prepared to manage the impact of COVID-19 on the region. The situation with the spread of COVID-19 is regularly changing, so our planning is flexible to ensure our local hospitals are well equipped and ready to deal with all levels of severity.
COVID-19 Assessment Clinics have been established in the Illawarra Shoalhaven so those with symptoms may be tested and treated quickly. For a list of public COVID-19 clinics throughout NSW visit the NSW Health website.
The best way to protect against COVID-19 is the same as any respiratory infection such as the flu:
- Always practise good hygiene
- Wash your hands often. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick.
The community is encouraged to keep up to date with the latest information on COVID-19 via the NSW Health Website.
Expressions of Interest are being sought for Allied Health, Nursing and Midwifery, and Medical staff to work for the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health district during our response to COVID-19.
COVID-19 HealthPathways for Health Professionals
- Latest ISLHD COVID-19 case numbers
- Current hospital visiting hours during COVID-19
- COVID-19 - Huskisson - 13 August 2020
- Sanctuary Point Respiratory Clinic - 12 August 2020
- Masks in ISLHD facilities - 24 July 2020
- How to wear your face mask
- COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 Outcome Study - call for participants
- COVID-19 drive-through testing clinic established at Albion Park - 23 July 2020
- COVID-19 Testing in Ulladulla - 21 July 2020
- Hospital visitor restrictions - 20 July 2020
- Hospital visitor restrictions - 17 July 2020
- Revised hospital visiting during COVID-19 - 15 June 2020
- Welcome back ... but remember to keep your distance (long weekend message) - 4 June 2020
- Ready for COVID care through innovation - Virtual Community Care Centre - 3 June 2020
- Elective Surgery Questions & Answers - 7 May 2020
- Wollongong Hospital Maternity Unit visiting hours - 30 April 2020
- Media Statement - Ruby Princess berthing at Port Kembla - 6 April 2020
- Increased COVID-19 testing - Nowra / South Nowra - 6 April 2020
- Local foundation boosts ventilator and PPE stocks - 2 April 2020
- Further restrictions for visitors to our hospitals - 31 March 2020
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District increases visitor restrictions - 25 March 2020
- COVID-19 Assessment Clinics open at Shoalhaven and Shellharbour - 23 March 2020
- Elective Surgery and Intensive Care at Wollongong Hospital - 20 March 2020
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District limits hospital visitors - 19 March 2020
- COVID-19 Assessment Clinic now open at Wollongong Hospital - 16 March 2020