The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District has implemented restrictions on visiting hospital patients to help to minimise the spread of COVID-19.
Do not visit patients in hospital if you are unwell or have been tested for COVID and are awaiting results.
- Anyone who comes to hospital will need to wear a mask. It is recommended you bring your own mask. Supply of masks will be prioritised for staff and patients. Details on how to wear your mask.
- As part of the screening process, anyone entering the hospital will be asked if they have visited any of the venues on the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW list at the specified dates and times. If so, they will not be able to visit the hospital until 14 days have passed since they were there. This list is being regularly updated and we are asking the community to review the list, which is available on the NSW Government website, before attending the hospital.
- All visitors to ISLHD facilities must provide their contact details as part of the screening process. Visitors will also be asked to record the name of the patient they are visiting and the location within the hospital, if known. A QR code is available for contactless, self-registration using a smart phone. Pen and paper check in sheets are available for visitors who don’t have a smartphone. See more info here.
The current visiting restrictions are effective 21 January 2021.
- Visiting hours are between 11:00am to 1:00pm and 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Two adult visitors are allowed in each visiting session for each patient.
- Different people are now able to visit in each visiting session each day.
- Three visitors at a time are permitted if an adult is accompanying a child during business hours.
One visitor is permitted to accompany a patient, if their presence is necessary.
Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to accompany a patient in the Emergency Department. The Nurse-in-Charge may modify this in exceptional circumstances.
Where a patient is receiving end of life care, visitors are limited to the extent necessary to minimise risk.
During labour and birth, mothers are able to be supported by up to two people with no time restriction.
- The partner/support person is able to visit for unrestricted periods between 8:00am and 8:00pm
- Up to two adult visitors at any one time are able to be present during general hospital visiting hours from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Three visitors at a time are permitted if an adult is accompanying a sibling child under 16 years during visiting hours.
- Neonatal Unit allows both parents / carers with no restrictions on length of visit.
Both parents / carers at any one time, with no restrictions on length of visit.
Visitors and consumer leave suspended
Due the vulnerability of mental health consumers, the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District has suspended all consumer leave and visitors at our mental health units until further notice.
If you have any questions please contact the appropriate mental health unit.
Visitors with physical and/or cognitive impairment will be considered on a case basis via the nursing team.