The Illawarra and Shoalhaven have some of the most beautiful public open spaces. We love our beaches, open spaces and parks but it’s going to be a different kind of summer. We’ll have to work hard to keep these public spaces open, safe and welcoming places for the community. Over summer, we need to adapt some of the things we do to be more COVID-Safe. This includes:
- Keeping a towel length (1.5m) between you and others at the beach
- Keeping 1.5m between you and other people
- Avoiding crowded environments by moving on or spreading out
- Remembering to wash or sanitise your hands often
- Getting tested, even if you only have the mildest symptom
- Stay in if you’re unwell or if you have been tested
- Wearing a face mask when you can’t keep 1.5m away from others
- Ensuring you have a COVID-Safe Plan for your business or community organisation.
To help spread these messages in a different way, the Local Health District has developed some posters and information for newsletters that you can use for your business, club or group. Download the resources here:
- Bag a bargain, not COVID - Bag a bargain. Stay 1.5m from other shoppers.
- Be COVIDSafe. Don't go viral tonight - Be COVIDSafe. Don't go viral tonight. Stay 1.5m from others.
- Don't let COVID hitch a ride on your holiday #1 - Don't let COVID hitch a ride. Sick? Get tested. Don't go out.
- Don't let COVID hitch a ride on your holiday #2.- Don't let COVID hitch a ride. Wash your hands or sanitise.
- COVID loves a crowd - COVID loves a crowd. Lots of people? Spread out or move on.
If you have require any further information, please contact the Public Health Unit on 4221 6700 or email ISLHD-PHU@health.nsw.gov.au.