New Street - Nowra
New Street is a free specialist therapeutic counselling service for young people who have sexually harmed another person. Our staff form an experienced team of therapists who are able to support young people and their families.
Our team are committed to providing a welcoming, respectful and culturally safe place in which counselling can occur.
What we do
- We work with young people aged 10-17 years who have sexually harmed others, and their families
- We assist the young person to address their sexually harmful behaviour and the harm it has caused
- We support young people to develop safe, respectful and responsible ways of behaving
- We work collaboratively with other services involved in supporting the young person
- We provide consultation and training to schools and services
What to expect
New Street provides:
- Counselling for young people
- Counselling for families and caregivers
- Consultation with agencies
- Community education
- Prevention initiatives
New Street believes:
- All young people have the capacity to develop healthy and respectful ways of being
- We believe the safety and protection of all children and young people is paramount
- We are committed to promoting the positive identities of young people
- We acknowledge the impact of social injustices and disadvantage
- We support the uniqueness and strength of each family
- We welcome all people, inclusive of diverse cultures, sexualities and abilities
Who should access this service
- Young people aged 10-17 years who live in the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- Families of young people
- Schools and services
How to access this service (referrals or no referral necessary)
Anyone can make a referral to New Street- families, young people, care-givers, schools or other agencies.
To make a referral or for more information about New Street please call (02) 42740671 and ask to speak with one of our counsellors.
Nowra NSW 2541
Monday - Friday: 8.30am - 5.00pm