Fiona Leo is the Podiatry Head of Discipline for ISLHD. She has over 20 years’ experience and leads a small team of dedicated podiatrists providing podiatry treatment, including wound care, across the District. Most of the ISLHD podiatry services are provided in the outpatient or community setting.
Podiatry - Port Kembla Hospital
What the service is
What we do
- Wound care, including wound debridement, dressing, offloading and immobilisation
- Wound care for surgical foot wounds eg after amputation
- Management of acute Charcot Neuroarthropathy
- General podiatry care and advice for high risk feet,
- Diabetic foot assessments
What to expect
Priority is given to clients with a current foot/lower limb ulceration, or a history of foot/lower limb ulceration.
At your first appointment the podiatrist will assess you and provide advice about future care, which may include recommending alternate podiatry services.
Initial appointments are generally 60 mins, follow-up appointments for 30 mins
Who should access this service
- A client who has a current foot/lower limb ulceration, or Charcot arthropathy
- A client who has a history of previous ulceration, amputation or Charcot arthropathy
- A client who has peripheral neuropathy or peripheral vascular disease and foot deformity or other factors which affect self-care ability and is unable to access private podiatry.
- A client who has high podiatric needs and is unable to access private podiatry services
How to access this service
Referral from a GP or other health service provider is helpful but not essential
What to bring
- list of medications,
- medical history,
- any relevant recent blood tests,
- any relevant recent imaging results,
- the footwear you wear most of the time
Port Kembla Hospital
89-91 Cowper Street
Warrawong NSW 2502
Monday to Friday
How to get there, including by public transport
Either by car or bus services are available.
For more information on transport options visit NSW Public Hospital Parking and Directions website or download the HosPark App from App Store or Google Play.
Available on site
Advice for disabled in getting to the service
Disabled parking spaces are available at Port Kembla Hospital
If the ulcer or infection deteriorates while you are on the waiting list, please present to your local GP or Emergency Department