Volunteer Services - Illawarra-Shoalhaven
Our Volunteer services provide specially trained volunteers who offer support for palliative and rehabilitation clients in hospitals and in patient's homes.
Volunteers make a valuable contribution to the 'total care' of patients and their carers.
Volunteers help by:
- offering companionship
- providing respite and support for carers
- reading, playing games, writing letters
- sharing their skills and interests
- assisting at meal times and with activities
- providing basic practical support - not patient care
- and most importantly being a friendly ear!
Volunteers are bound by the same professional and ethical standards as staff, most importantly respecting and maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
89-91 Cowper Street
Warrawong NSW 2502
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday