Cancer Clinical Trials
Clinical trials are research studies that contribute to our knowledge of diseases and their treatments and are done to show whether the new treatment is safe and effective for human use. Clinical Trial activity in Australia is regulated by National and International guidelines and approved by ethical committees and institutional governance offices. Our unit works collaboratively with over 200 staff across three clinical hubs providing expert clinical care and specialised trials support in Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Haematology services.
The cancer service treats over 2000 patients each month across the Illawarra and Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centres with one specialised inpatient ward at Wollongong Hospital, a regional centre at Shoalhaven and one rural chemotherapy service located at Milton Ulladulla Hospital.
ISLHD Cancer Clinical Trials Unit can offer:
- Proven expertise in clinical trials
- Competitive start up timelines
- Timely contract and budget negotiations
- EC and RGO submissions in parallel
- Lead Site activities for NMA sites/studies
- Inpatient and outpatient clinical treatment settings
- Oncology/Haematology Pharmacy with dedicated Trial Pharmacist
- Strong IT platform
- NATA accredited pathology services
- Diagnostics and interventional imaging services including PET and Nuclear Medicine
- Experienced staff with GCP / IATA training.
Corner Loftus Street and New Dpato Road
Wollongong NSW 2500
8:30am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays)
The Illawarra Cancer Care Centre has two dedicated parking locations. One is located directly outside the cancer centre and this space is for the use of patients undergoing treatment. Alternate parking is housed within Wollongong Hospital’s multistorey car park.
Access is via the main hospital Loftus St entrance. Follow the corridor to the Medical Imaging Department, then follow the signs to Illawarra Cancer Care Centre (ICCC).
Pedestrians can access the service via the Illawarra Cancer Care Centre (ICCC) ground entrance, Level 0, New Dapto Road, adjacent to the Cancer Care Centre patient car park.
Advice for disabled to get to the service
The Illawarra Cancer Centre houses a lift which enables access to the disabled. All entry points to the Cancer Centre are disabled friendly.