Volunteer Services - Illawarra-Shoalhaven
Our Volunteer services provide specially trained volunteers who offer support for palliative and rehabilitation clients in hospitals and in patient's homes.
Volunteers make a valuable contribution to the 'total care' of patients and their carers.
Volunteers help by:
- offering companionship
- providing respite and support for carers
- reading, playing games, writing letters
- sharing their skills and interests
- assisting at meal times and with activities
- providing basic practical support - not patient care
- and most importantly being a friendly ear!
Volunteers are bound by the same professional and ethical standards as staff, most importantly respecting and maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
Please contact us to discuss fees, Medicare rebates, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, etc... Illawarra and Shoalhaven Local Health District https://www.islhd.health.nsw.gov.au/index.php/services-clinics/volunteer-services