Physiotherapy Department - Bulli Hospital
Provision of Physiotherapy to referred patients for:
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Inpatient palliative care
- Outpatient musculoskeletal, rehabilitation, hydrotherapy, chronic pain service, amputee service
Community Physiotherapy Outreach service and palliative care.
What we do
We offer Physiotherapy assessment, education and physiotherapy treatment for your condition toward achieving the agreed goals for the episode of care.
When to access this service
When you have a new condition or a change in your current condition that your Doctor has recommended Physiotherapy, the referral to Physiotherapy Services may be sent to Port Kembla Hospital Physiotherapy Department as soon as possible
What to expect
Your referral will be processed as soon as possible. There may be a waiting time before the current staff are able to begin your physiotherapy. At the first appointment, the number of treatments will be planned with your physiotherapist.
Who should access this service
Adults from 16 years of age who have a diagnosed condition that their doctor has recommended physiotherapy. The doctor will ensure that your condition is stable enough to safely begin the recommended exercise, movement, entry into the heated pool and able to receive physiotherapy.
How to access this service (referrals or no referral necessary)
Your doctor may send the referral to fax number (02)42238213 or post it to Port Kembla Hospital, Physiotherapy Department, 89-91 Cowper Street, Warrawong NSW 2502.
Or you may personally bring the referral to Physiotherapy Department in Block C , Port Kembla Hospital, 89-91 Cowper Street, Warrawong NSW 2502
What to bring
- Xrays and Medical reports if you have them.
- Veteran Affairs Card, NDIS Plan, Workers Compensation details
- Wear clothing suitable for exercise or hydrotherapy (this will be address at your first assessment when you do not enter the pool).
- Good walking shoes and usual walking aid (cane, crutches, frame)
22 Hospital Road
Bulli NSW 2516
8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm