Eloura Acute Admission Area (EAAA) Unit
The Eloura Acute Admission Area (EAAA) is a 20 bed acute mental health inpatient unit. Consumers are admitted as voluntary and involuntary under the NSW Mental Health Act 2007. The unit provides evidence based, consumer centred, strength and recovery focused care.
The EAAA recognises that the consumer and their families / carers are an important part to the process of care planning and the consumer recovery journey.
- provides an acute mental health inpatient unit to the Illawarra Shoalhaven area,
- operates under a trauma informed model of service,
- provides a cooperative team approach in care provision,
- creates an environment that fosters and encourages active participation of consumers in their recovery,
- engages consumers and their family/carers in the treatment, planning, care delivery, transfer of care planning, and recovery journey process, and
- integrates with the broader health system with a clear role, and connections to other services where appropriate.
15-17 Madigan Boulevard,
Mount Warrigal NSW 2528
PO Box 52
Shellharbour Square NSW 2529
|Monday - Friday||12:30pm to 1:30pm
4:00pm to 8:00pm
|Weekends and public holidays||10:00am to 8:00pm|
Nurses Station contacts
T: 02 4295 2546 or 02 4295 2547
How to get there
You can drive to Shellharbour Hospital or use public transport. The nearest train station is Oak Flats Railway Station. Premier Illawarra buses service the area.
Free public parking is available at the front and rear of the Shellharbour Hospital site.