Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre - Social Work Service
Social workers provide counselling for:
- Understanding and adjusting to illness
- Change in lifestyle and planning for the future
- Supporting communication with children or grandchildren
- Maintaining relationships with family/carers and friends
- Managing feelings of anxiety, grief and loss
Social Workers can also link you in with a wide range of services including home support services, childcare, housing and accommodation, transport, legal and financial matters, and accessing community and government support.
Referrals can be via members of the treating team or people can refer directly.
Corner of Scenic Drive & North Street
Nowra NSW 2541
8:30am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays)
Access and Parking
The Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre has a dedicated carpark for patient use for treatment and specialist appointments. Located on the Shoalhaven Hospital campus, visitors to the Cancer Centre also have access to hospital parking.
Advice for disabled to get to the service
The Shoalhaven Cancer Centre houses a lift which enables access to the disabled. All entry points to the Cancer Centre are disabled friendly.