Acute Surgical Unit (ASU)
The Wollongong Hospital Acute Surgery Unit (ASU) is a specialised Unit for patients who may need surgery and specialised care, but are generally well and expected to make a fast recovery.
From the moment patients arrive at ASU, specialist staff and resources are focussed on getting them well.
Skilled staff assess what type of care suits each patient best. If they need surgery, ASU has a close link to Wollongong Hospital Operating Theatres, and access to skilled surgeons. ASU staff are also trained to get patients ready for surgery, and to support them for the best recovery.
Patients benefit from:
- faster health assessments
- more access to health experts
- better information about your care
- shorter wait time for surgery
- shorter stay in hospital
- a smoother & safer surgical journey
- better outcomes and recovery.
Level 4, Block B
Wollongong NSW 2500
Family & Carers welcome 7 days:
- 8am-10am - single visitors
- 10am-8pm - open visiting