Endocrinology Outpatient Clinic - Wollongong Hospital
The Endocrinology Department at Wollongong Hospital is a specialist service to manage endocrine conditions. It sees patients with endocrine disease where the general practitioner or other doctors need advice.
We provide inpatient care for:
- Patients requiring admission under endocrinology in Wollongong Hospital
- Consult service for patients with endocrine problems admitted under other specialties
We also have and Outpatient Clinic for patients with Endocrine Disease requiring specialist follow-up.
When to access this service
You need a referral from your local doctor for endocrine assessment, or from the emergency team or your hospital admitting team.
Referral essential for outpatient clinics, required yearly for GP referrals, every 3 months if referred by another specialist (Referrers need to have valid provider number)
What to expect
We will review your investigation and medication, and provide treatment advice based on this.
What to bring
- Medicare Card
- Medication List and list of Allergy
- Name and dosage of your medications
- If on your referral please check the details are correct and up to date prior to coming in
- If not sure bring your medication boxes in with you
- Relevant pathology (blood tests) and imaging (X-Rays and scans)
Level 1, Block H
Wollongong NSW 2500
This service is wheelchair accessible via Loftus Street Entrance and Hospital Street or the Emergency Entrance via Hospital Street.