What we do
Across the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District we provide maternity, women's health and gynaecological care across two sites; Wollongong and Shoalhaven Hospitals. Our services are all accredited by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS)
We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of specialist health care in a supportive environment.
Our highly experienced obstetric and gynaecology teams care for women with a wide range of gynaecological conditions and obstetric related concerns.
These conditions may relate to:
- Fetal Medicine (Prenatal Diagnosis Clinic)
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Painful Periods and endometriosis.
- Ovarian Cysts
- Polycystic Ovarian syndrome
- Pelvic Organ prolapse and Incontinence
- Complex Maternal Medical conditions.
- Follow Up review for adverse outcomes for pregnancy or after birth.
- Obstetric and Anal sphincter (OASIS) Clinic
- Early Pregnancy and Loss (EPAS) service (Wollongong)
- Other women's health concerns
When to access this service
Your GP will send your referral and test results to the clinic via fax 4222 5698
Referrals are added to a ‘wait list’ depending on urgency, this may take 4 weeks to 6 months
You will receive a text from the clinic, please ring the clinic on Ph. 4222 5417 if you do not receive this text message
What to bring
Your GP referral and copies of any tests, e.g. blood tests, ultrasounds or other investigations
Need an Interpreter? Professional interpreters are available if you need help to communicate with staff. Our staff can also ask for an interpreter. The service is free and confidential. We will book the interpreter for you. You can also call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 if you need to speak to us before your appointment.
Monday to Friday 8 am – 4.30 pm
Wollongong Hospital Carpark.: Access to the North and South Carpark entrances via New Dapto Road or Dudley Street.
Outpatient Clinic has limited access for clinical assessment if unable to independently mobilize. Call at booking and discuss with team.