Wollongong Hospital runs a broad range of Pre-Admission Clinics to help patients get ready for surgery. This is a free service and patients are contacted to make an appointment.
At the Clinic patients speak to nurses, doctors, anaesthetists, and other health professionals. Patients:
- receive important information about what to expect before and after their operation
- have medical tests to check that they are medically fit to have their operation and be given an anaesthetic
It is important for patients to attend their Clinic appointment, or their surgery may be cancelled.
At the Clinic patients have:
- blood tests
- an ECG or Electrocardiogram - this is a test to check the heart
- a chest or limb x-ray
- any other appropriate tests
- other appointments scheduled, if neccessary
Appointments at the Pre-Admission Clinics may take between 3-6 hours - depending on the type of operation.
Need an interpreter?
The Health Care Interpreter Service provides a free and confidential interpreting service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you need an interpreter please tell your service provider immediately. They can book one for you in your preferred language.
Wollongong NSW 2500