Medical Imaging Wollongong Hospital
The Medical Imaging service at Wollongong Hospital provides:
- X-rays (also known as plain radiography)
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans
- Ultrasound (sometimes called sonograms/sonographs)
- CT (computed tomography) scans – these were previously known as CAT (computerised axial tomography) scans
- Fluoroscopy – a continuous X-ray similar to an ‘X-ray movie’
- Nuclear Scans – such as cardiac, bone, thyroid and SPECT scans including therapeutic procedures
- Interventional radiology – radiologists treat abscesses, pain conditions, blocked arteries and tumours using images obtained by fluoroscopy, CT, ultrasound and MRI.
How can I access this service?
This service requires a referral from a Medical Practitioner or an accredited Allied Health professional.
What should I bring?
Your referral letter and Medicare Card.
Wollongong NSW 2500
Services are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, however service accessibility for outpatient referrals are only available between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.