Connecting Care is a free service for people over the age of 16 years with chronic conditions. Connecting Care provides helps people manage their health conditions through health coaching, coordination of the health care services they need and helps them navigate the health system.
What we do
Connecting Care will work with you and your doctor to develop a health plan that meets your needs.
The service supports people over the age of 16 who have one or more chronic diseases to:
- Learn more about your health problem
- Assist you to better manage your health
- Talk with your doctor and other health services
- Understand how to take your medications and why you take them
- Link you with services to help you manage your condition and stay at home.
What to expect
Make a referral to the Connecting Care in the community service and we will provide:
- Comprehensive health assessment in your home
- Integrated care interventions
- Improved connection and collaboration with primary health care providers
- Developing a health plan with your GP and other health professionals that meets your needs which has:
- A list of the health professionals you see and what they do for you
- Other services you may be receiving and how they help you
- Information about your medications
- What you can do to stay healthy at home
- Carer information
We can also identify patients who come into contact with our local health district services and offer them connecting care.
How to access this service (referrals or no referral necessary)
Health professionals can refer to this program or people can self-refer.
Office contact hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:45pm
Saturday & Sunday 7:00am - 3:00pm