Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) covers a vast area of 5,687 square kilometres, spanning from Helensburgh in the north to North Durras in the South. With a diverse landscape that includes beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and friendly communities, ISLHD offers an exciting lifestyle that goes beyond just a salary. Commute times are short, childcare and schooling options are plentiful, and Sydney and Canberra are close by. The region is also host to many annual food, wine and arts festivals and events.
Together, we can do more
ISLHD operates eight hospital sites, employs over 8,500 staff and provides community health services across 58 locations. With a wide range of clinical services including acute, sub-acute, primary and community health services, ISLHD offers you the opportunity to gain experience in rural and regional settings.
ISLHD is one of the region's largest employers with more than 8,500 staff and our teams provide clinical services to more than 400,000 residents. With Shellharbour and Shoalhaven hospitals being redeveloped, new career opportunities are expanding in the region.
To find current vacancies and apply, visit the NSW Careers Portal.
Looking for more than just a salary?
Besides your salary, we offer a variety of benefits such as:
- Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme - up to $10,000 depending on a position and location
- Salary packaging - less tax and more take-home pay
- Novated leasing - lease a car and pay for all the running costs out of your pre-taxed salary
- Flexible work arrangements
- Allocated Days Off (ADO) - once a month take a paid day off (eligible full-time employees)
- Fitness Passport - discounted gym membership that both you and your family can enjoy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free confidential and professional assistance for staff and their families
- Career Break Scheme - further your professional or personal development as a nurse or midwife and still take home a salary
- Access to Clinical Supervision to facilitate in-depth reflection on clinical practice in a supportive environment
- Training and education opportunities
- Career progression, professional development and secondment opportunities
To gain insights about the benefits that are available to you, ask the hiring manager for more information.
Need assistance in applying? Visit our "Applying for a Position" page.
Join us at ISLHD, where you can make a real difference in the health and wellbeing of our community while enjoying a fulfilling career and enviable lifestyle.