COPMI (Children Of Parents With A Mental Illness)
What the service is
The COPMI position is a consultative, supporting role to Child, Adolescent and Adult Mental Health, and Drug and Alcohol teams within the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District, and has a COPMI strategic leadership duty exceeding both hospital and community services.
What we do
The COPMI role involves:
- consultation and support to community and hospital based Child, Adolescent and Adult Mental Health, and Drug and Alcohol teams,
- referral and advice in the area of COPMI,
- providing education and guidance to clinicians, including joint sessions with families,
- provision of resources to support COPMI and their families,
- coordination of relevant activities in cooperation with other staff members, and
- consultation and association with relevant agencies to develop ongoing partnerships.
For more information visit COPMI website.
How to access this service
Referrals to the Mental Health Service are by calling:
Mental Health Line is a 24-hour telephone access service.
If it is an emergency call: 000
Wollongong NSW 2500
Downstairs (of Community Mental Health)
Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays): 8:30am to 5:00pm