Kiama Integrated Primary & Community Health Centre Dental Clinic
The Dental Service provides emergency, general and denture care to eligible Illawarra and Shoalhaven residents through community dental clinics and specialist care.
Our range of services include:
- General dental care
- Emergency relief of pain services
- Denture service referral for specialist services if required (criteria apply)
What to Expect
All patients are triaged according to the Priority Oral Health Program (POHP), which ensures people with the greatest need receive the earliest attention. Patients are assessed on the basis of medical and oral health needs as well as socio-economic and other risk factors. The POHP triage tool assists our service to determine the urgency of your request. You will be either offered an appointment at this time or placed on a waiting list.
Dental services are provided free of charge to:
- All children under the age of 18 years who reside within the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District boundaries; and
- Adults with a current Health Care Card, Pension Card or Commonwealth Senior's Card, who reside within the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health Districts boundaries.
- Check eligibility criteria here.
What to Bring
When given an appointment you will need to bring:
The completed Medical History sent to you.
- A list of any medications that you take.
- Medicare Card.
- A valid Centrelink Concession Card (a Healthcare Card, Pension Concession Card or a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card). A temporary card may be obtained from Centrelink if required.
Things to discuss with your Dental Clinician:
- How long will treatment take and what does it involve?
- How can this help me and are there any risks?
- Are there any other treatment options?
- Afterwards, how will I feel and what care should I take?
- What can I do to prevent tooth decay and gum disease?
- Your personal health goals.
Monday to Friday
8.00am - 4.30pm
Parking: is available onsite.