Nowra Community Mental Health
What the service is
The Nowra Community Mental Health team works with consumers, their carers, support workers, doctors and families to help care for the mental health of adults.
What we do
The Nowra Community Mental Health (NCMH) team:
- provides mental health assessment tailored to the needs of each individual,
- consults with different health care and community services about consumers care,
- supports other service providers through education and training,
- delivers health promotion activities, and
- offers support and advocacy.
NCMH is made of two teams, including:
- The Acute Care Team (ACT): which provides short term mental health care for various mental health concerns, usually during and following a crisis.
- The Case Management Team: which provides longer term follow-up and support for people with complex mental health problems, and people requiring Community Treatment Orders or Forensic Orders.
What to expect
Once a referral has been received you will be contacted by a member of the Nowra Community Mental Health Service to arrange ongoing care planning and direction; and / or referral to the most appropriate service to assist with your needs.
Who should access this service
Nowra Community Mental Health is an adult mental health service, for those residing in the catchment area 18 to 65 years of age.
How to access this service
Referrals to the Mental Health Service are by calling:
Mental Health Line is a 24-hour telephone access service.
If it is an emergency call: 000
Suite 1, Level 2
55-57 Berry Street
Nowra NSW 2541
Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays): 8.30am to 5.00pm
How to get there
You can drive or use public transport. The nearest train station is Bomaderry Railway Station, and Shoal Bus services the area. The building is called Bridgeton House, and is located on Berry Street, between Plunkett and Worrigee Streets, Nowra.
Parking in the area is time-limited street parking or local parking lots – there is a parking lot on the corner of Berry and Worrigee Streets, Nowra.
Advice for disabled to get to the service
There is a lift to level 2 of the building. For further advice phone Nowra Community Mental Health: 02 4424 7800