The Refugee Health Service provides new arrivals to our region with health care coordination, health education and orientation to the region’s health services.
The Refugee Health Service works closely with local settlement service providers and local GP’s who work with refugees in the region. Our work is underpinned by the GP Collaborative Model.
All new arrivals to our health district receive a home visit by a Refugee Health Service nurse.
What we do
Our Refugee Nurses provide recently arrived persons to our region with:
- Home visits to determine people’s health needs.
- Health care coordination and referrals to local health services and GP clinics.
- Links and liaison between partner agencies working with refugees.
- Education and orientation to the local health services.
- Provide health service providers education on refugee health and related issues.
Who should access this service
If you are a local settlement service provider or local GP’s who works with refugees in the region.
How to access this service (referrals or no referral necessary)
No referral necessary. Call the service directly to meet with the team.
Level 1, 67-71 King Street Warrawong
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Please contact us to discuss fees, Medicare rebates, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, etc... Illawarra and Shoalhaven Local Health District https://www.islhd.health.nsw.gov.au/services-clinics/refugee-health -34.489679 150.8866452