We are very happy to announce the first round of ISLHD Allied Health, Nursing & Midwifery Research Grants.
These research grants are open to any ISLHD Allied Health, Nursing or Midwifery employee. Clinicians can apply for funding up to $10,000 per grant, from a total pool of $60,000.
The objectives of the ISLHD Allied Health, Nursing & Midwifery Research Grants are to:
- support excellent applied clinical research led by ISLHD Allied Health, Nursing or Midwifery clinicians
- advance promising ISLHD clinician researchers and promote enhanced opportunities for diverse career pathways
- enable research and research training in high quality and supportive environments
- contribute to the outcomes of District's Strategic Priorities, including expanding ISLHD’s knowledge base and research capability, and enhancing the scale and focus of research across ISLHD
- provide opportunities for ISLHD Allied Health, Nursing & Midwifery clinicians to develop both research and leadership skills
Please ensure that the application meets the following eligibility criteria.
- Allied Health, Nursing or Midwifery staff must be currently employed by ISLHD, will be employed by ISLHD for the duration of the grant, and the project must be completed within ISLHD.
- The research project must be developed and led by an ISLHD Allied Health, Nursing or Midwifery clinician.
- The research project must align with the overall aim to improve patient care within ISLHD.
- The research project must be methodologically rigorous and achievable within the maximum $10,000 budget as well as a two year time frame.
- The project should align with the ISLHD Strategic Priorities.
The funds can be used to purchase consumables/equipment/staffing.
Each application will be assessed by an ISLHD panel of senior ISLHD research clinicians selected by the ISLHD Research Committee. Any time frame applied will take into consideration the applicants circumstances so that it is assessed relative to opportunity.
To apply please complete the application, as per the guidelines outlined in this document, and send to ISLHD-Research@health.nsw.gov.au by 5pm on 1st March 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by email and within four weeks of the closing date.