Sexual Health - Port Kembla
Pharmacy closure at Port Kembla Hospital
The Port Kembla Hospital Pharmacy has closed as the site prepares for the construction of a new Community Health Centre. All patient scripts have been transferred to Wollongong Hospital Pharmacy. If you need your medication made up, please call Wollongong Hospital Pharmacy on ph: 02 4222 5340 and arrange this with Pharmacy staff. Wollongong Pharmacy requires a minimum of 3 days’ notice for outpatient collection. If you are unable to collect from Wollongong or Shellharbour Hospital you can opt to have it sent to the clinic for you to pick up. Alternatively, you can contact our clinic on ph: 02 4223 8457 and request a new prescription that you can take to a Community Pharmacy and organise your own medication. Our clinic requires 48 hours’ notice for a new script to be written. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us so that we can assist you further.
About the service
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Sexual Health Service is a specialist HIV and Sexual Health Service providing free and confidential advice, testing and treatment for;
- Management of sexually transmissible infections
- Specialist management for HIV
- Assessment and treatment for hepatitis C
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for people with high risk of having been exposed to HIV within the last 72 hours
- Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for people with high risk of exposure to HIV
- Sexual health counselling and support
- Education and support for health care workers and GPs
- Research and clinical trials.
Health Education Sessions and resources
Details of the latest Health Education Sessions and resources can be found by clicking here.
Who should access this service?
Our service provides confidential medical, nursing and counselling services for;
- Men who have sex with men
- People living with HIV
- Sex workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- People who inject drugs
- Young people at risk
- People with symptoms of an STI
- People with a doctors referral.
How do I access this service?
Contact the clinic for an appointment on (02) 4223 8457.
- Port Kembla Hospital - Monday to Friday
- Shoalhaven Hospital - Mondays and Thursdays only
- Wollongong Community Health Centre - fortnightly Tuesdays by appointment only, no walk-in service available
Resources and useful links
Port Kembla Hospital
89-91 Cowper Street
Warrawong NSW 2502
PO Box 21
Warrawong NSW 2502
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm