Sexual Health - Port Kembla
Important notice about current services
The current COVID19 (coronavirus) pandemic has resulted in an impact on our service and staff levels.
At this time, Illawarra Shoalhaven Sexual Health Service has been required to reduce face-to-face consultations and is adapting a telehealth model where possible.
If you have symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (STI), are a contact of a person with an STI, need HIV treatment/monitoring, need a PrEP prescription or gender affirming hormones, please contact us on (02) 4223 8457 and we will assess how best to help you.
If you are wanting to have STI/HIV testing and you have no symptoms, we suggest you defer your testing until the outbreak is over to reduce your risk of catching COVID19. Alternatively, you may see your GP or utilise the HIV Dry Blood Spot Testing (DBS) from home.
We appreciate your understanding at this time and we look forward to resuming our regular clinic services in time.
About the service
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Sexual Health Service is a specialist HIV and Sexual Health Service providing free and confidential advice, testing and treatment for;
- Management of sexually transmissible infections
- Specialist management for HIV
- Assessment and treatment for hepatitis C
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for people with high risk of having been exposed to HIV within the last 72 hours
- Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for people with high risk of exposure to HIV
- Gender affirming care
- Sexual health and LGBTQI+ counselling and support
- Education and support for health care workers and GPs
- Research and clinical trials.
Health Education Sessions and resources
Details of the latest Health Education Sessions and resources can be found by clicking here.
Who should access this service?
Our service provides confidential medical, nursing and counselling services for;
- Men who have sex with men
- People living with HIV
- Sex workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- People who inject drugs
- Young people at risk
- Trans and gender diverse people
- People with symptoms of an STI
- People with a doctors referral
How do I access this service?
Contact the clinic for an appointment on (02) 4223 8457.
Port Kembla Hospital
89-91 Cowper Street
Warrawong NSW 2502
PO Box 21
Warrawong NSW 2502
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm.
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday until 7.00pm.