What is the Clinical Trial and Research Unit?
The Clinical Trial and Research Unit (CTRU) is part of the Wollongong Diabetes Service.
The CTRU is made up of a team of Diabetes specialist doctors and Diabetes nurse educators who conduct research studies of new treatments for diabetes.
We also participate in studies for obesity, high blood pressure and cholesterol problems.
Why participate in a Clinical Trial?
- Clinical trials provide access to new treatments before they are widely available
- All blood tests, study medication and clinic visits during the trial are free of charge
- You may be able to play a more active role in your health care
- You may also benefit from additional support provided by clinical trial staff who understand diabetes
- By participating in a clinical trial, you may gain a better understanding of diabetes
Clinical trials are the best way to improve and increase the treatment options for people with diabetes
For more information please call Nicola or Alison on 4231 1950 or email ISLHD-DiabetesClinicalTrials@health.nsw.gov.au