“Together, We Can Do More” - ISLHD campaign to inspire new recruits
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) is excited to launch a new suite of recruitment videos, as a part of a larger digital recruitment focus. Based around the message, ‘Together, We Can Do More’, the videos aim to inspire, engage, and attract top talent to join the District’s dedicated healthcare team.
ISLHD Chief Executive, Margot Mains said the new campaign expands on the recruitment initiatives already underway, by showcasing what it’s like to work as part of the District team, some of the organisation’s unique benefits and the wonderful lifestyle the region has to offer.
“We’re keen to attract passionate individuals who are committed to making a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the Illawarra Shoalhaven community,’’ Ms Mains said.
“We also know that we need to think outside the square with our recruitment activities given the challenges being experienced by healthcare organisations worldwide in attracting and retaining skilled workers.
“The recruitment videos provide a powerful platform to connect with potential candidates on a personal level. We are immensely proud of the work of our District and its people, and these videos allow us to share our passion, dedication and the incredible sense of community that underlies everything we do.
“These videos also emphasise the collaborative spirit that drives our District. The ‘Together, We Can Do More’ slogan encapsulates the commitment to working as a team to provide the highest quality healthcare services to the local community.
“We are fortunate to live and work in one of the most beautiful parts of the world, so the videos also highlight this natural beauty and the lifestyle offered in our region.’’
The newly released recruitment videos showcase our amazing staff, the diverse range of jobs available, state-of-the-art facilities and the strong sense of community that defines ISLHD.
In addition to the new videos, over the past 12 months, ISLHD has been focused on boosting recruitment and improving retention of our existing staff, through measures such as:
- Implementation of a comprehensive digital recruitment campaign including an updated careers website, informative job ads, and social media posts featuring existing staff members sharing their experiences of working within the District.
- Ongoing education, leadership and professional development opportunities for our workforce and a focus on supportive work environments that foster professional and personal growth.
- Promoting the exciting career opportunities presented by the Shoalhaven and Shellharbour Hospital redevelopment projects. These projects not only offer a chance to be a part of cutting-edge healthcare facilities but also create opportunities for career advancement and innovation in healthcare delivery.
- Rolling recruitment advertisements for hard-to-fill positions.
- Developed relationships with overseas recruitment agencies to identify and source nursing talent.
- Streamlined recruitment and streamlined onboarding processes.
There are a wide variety of positions on offer at Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District