- 18 September 2023The $4.3million revamp of Wollongong Hospital Children’s Ward has been officially opened today, thanks to a five-year partnership with i98FM Illawarra Convoy and the Illawarra Community Foundation.
- 20 July 2023Dr Gurdeep Parmar The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) Cancer Clinical Trials Unit is celebrating a world-first achievement, following treatment of the first patient under a new clinical trial for adults with multiple myeloma.
- 27 June 2023Patients in regional, rural and remote areas of southern NSW will benefit from a major expansion of clinical trials, increasing access to cutting-edge treatment and research for people living in the Illawarra Shoalhaven, Murrumbidgee and Southern NSW Local Health Districts (LHDs).
- 09 June 2023Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) is delighted to share the news that ISLHD Anaesthetist Trevor Gardner was recognised on the 2023 King’s Birthday Honours List, being awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in the General Division for his service to medicine through a range of roles.
- 17 May 2023During Volunteer Week (15-21 May), Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) is shining a light on the incredible people who volunteer within our palliative care services.