The Continence Education Service provides a community continence service and education program, run by Clinical Nurse Specialists and a Clinical Nurse Consultant.
The continence service focuses on self-management and covers the following topics:
- What is continence
- Recognising early signs and symptoms of incontinence
- Catheter change, care and management education for clients and their family
- Symptom monitoring
- Implementing and understanding continence
- Provide referral services as required
The continence program is run at various locations across the District including Helensburgh, Wollongong, Warilla, Kiama, St Georges Basin and Milton.
Phone: 02 4296 4200
St Georges Basin
Phone: 02 4443 7646
How to book an appointment or make a referral
All referrals are made through the Access and Referral Centre. Your health care professional can refer you to the service or you can contact the Access and Referral Centre directly to self-refer.
- CAPS (Continence Aids Payment Scheme) application form
- List of eligible conditions for continence aid payments
- Catheter equipment codes for clients
- Catheter equipment costing
- Continence products supplies - client/carer handout
- Government subsidy scheme information
- Trial of void information sheet
- Trial of void drink bladder diary