COVID-19 Assessment Clinics open at Shoalhaven and Shellharbour
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District has established two more dedicated COVID-19 Assessment Clinics, so those with symptoms that meet the clinical criteria may be tested and treated more quickly.
Director of Public Health Curtis Gregory said the clinics will enable many people who fit the case criteria to be assessed without having to present to an Emergency Department.
“We are encouraging the community to be aware of the criteria for COVID-19 testing to ensure we can prioritise and protect anyone at high risk of infection,’’ Mr Gregory said.
“Those who have returned from overseas in the past 14 days, and most importantly, are also showing fever and/or respiratory symptoms including cough, shortness of breath or sore throat are encouraged to attend the clinic. Close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases are also within the criteria for such testing.
“A GP referral to the assessment clinics is not necessary, but people should phone ahead to help minimise wait times and ensure they understand the testing criteria.”
Note: the below Assessment Clinic details were correct at 23 March 2020. Please visit the COVID-19 Assessment clinics page for the latest information.
Shoalhaven Hospital Assessment Clinic:
- The clinic is located in the Hospital in the Home (HITH) area. Entry to the clinic is via the Shoalhaven Street driveway.
- The clinic will operate from 8:30am to 4.30pm, 7 days a week.
- Phone: 1300 002 108.
Shellharbour Hospital Assessment Clinic:
- The clinic is located at the Ambulatory Care Centre (ACC). Follow signs from hospital entrance to ACC carpark. There will be a drop-off zone at the carpark steps.
- The clinic will operate from 8:30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Phone: 4295 2862.
The first dedicated COVID-19 Assessment Clinic was established in Wollongong on Monday, 16 March. The Wollongong Clinic is located at the back of Lawson House on the Wollongong Hospital campus. Entry to the clinic is via the drop-off zone accessed via Loftus Street. The clinic operates from 8:30am to 5pm, 7 days a week. Phone: 4222 5078.
Plans for a similar clinic at Milton Ulladulla Hospital are underway and details will be shared shortly.
Criteria for COVID-19 Testing Clinics
- Returned from overseas in the past 14 days AND showing acute respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath, sore throat) and/or fever
- Close contact of a person with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis
The most up-to-date facts and advice on COVID-19 is available on the NSW Health website.