PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT NEW VENUES
Note: this update is current as at 29 December 2020. Please visit the main ISLHD COVID-19 page for current information.
NSW Health has been notified of a number of venues in Wollongong and Figtree that have been visited by confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Anyone who attended the following venues at the listed times must get tested immediately and self-isolate until they receive further advice from NSW Health:
• Wollongong - St Nektarios Greek Orthodox Church, 39 Atchison St - Sunday 27 December 9am-10.15am
• Wollongong - The Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church, 18 Stewart St - Sunday 27 December 10.30am-11am
Anyone who visited any of the following venues at the listed times is considered a casual contact who must get tested immediately and isolate until a negative result is received:
• Figtree - Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, 19 Princes Hwy - Monday 21 December 12.30pm-1.30pm - Wednesday 23 December 8.45am-9am
• Figtree - Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, 19 Princes Hwy - Thursday 24 December 6.45am-9.30am
• Figtree - Proust Optical, Shop 49, Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, 19 Princes Hwy - Monday 21 December 9.30am-5pm, Wednesday 23 December 9.30am-2pm. Close contacts from this venue will be contacted by NSW Health
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District has extended its COVID-19 Assessment Clinic opening hours and is working closely with Southern IML Pathology to meet increased demand for testing.
The District will also establish a pop-up testing clinic in Figtree tomorrow, with further details to come.
The community can get tested at the following locations in and around Wollongong which have extended opening hours from today:
- Wollongong Hospital COVID-19 Assessment Clinic
Lawson House, Wollongong Hospital - Loftus St, Wollongong
Extended opening hours: 8am to 8pm daily until further notice.
- Shellharbour COVID-19 Assessment Clinic
5/8 Memorial Drive, Shellharbour City Centre (note new location)
Extended opening hours: 8am to 6pm daily until further notice
- Wollongong Southern IML Pathology drive-through testing clinic
37 Denison Street, Wollongong
Extended opening hours: 8am to 8pm daily until further notice
Bookings essential on 4224 7474 (no referral needed)
- Shellharbour Southern IML Pathology drive-through testing clinic
109A Shellharbour Rd, Warilla (entry off Beverley Ave)
Extended opening hours: 8am to 7pm daily until further notice
There are a number of other testing clinics in the District and more than 350 COVID 19 testing locations across NSW, many of which are open seven days a week. To find your nearest clinic visit, visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics or contact your GP.
NSW Health today notified the community of a number of venues in Wollongong and Figtree that have been visited by a confirmed case of COVID-19. For details visit the NSW Health website: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/20201229_01.aspx or Facebook page.
NSW Health urges anyone in NSW with even the mildest symptoms, such as headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose, to come forward immediately for testing, then isolate until they receive a negative result.