Green level alert - COVID-19 transmission risk
Note: this update is current as at 19 November 2020. Please visit the main ISLHD COVID-19 page or the links below for current information.
In line with NSW Health advice, ISLHD services and facilities have moved from amber alert (moderate transmission) to green alert (low transmission) for COVID-19 from today, 19 November.
The level of alert has been reduced due to a number of factors, including that there have been no locally acquired COVID-19 cases in NSW in the past week.
Those visiting ISLHD facilities should note the following:
- Screening prior to entry at facilities will remain in place, but visitors no longer need to wear a mask unless visiting the Emergency Department, Cancer Care, or a patient with acute respiratory illness.
- Visiting hours and restrictions remain unchanged at this time, but will be reviewed in the coming weeks.
- Those with respiratory symptoms should not visit patients in hospital.
While the lower risk level is now in place, ISLHD will maintain a cautious approach and the following now applies:
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for any suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 remains unchanged.
- Screening at hospital facilities for staff and visitors will continue.
- Staff in the following areas will continue to wear a mask – Emergency Departments, COVID Assessment Clinics, Cancer Care and when attending to patients with respiratory conditions. Staff in others areas providing routine patient care no longer need to wear a mask.
- Patients presenting to the Emergency Department will continue to wear a mask.
- Patients with acute respiratory illness will continue to wear a mask, if their condition allows.
The Local Health District is reminding the community that fundamental principles of infection prevention and control including physical distancing, regular hand hygiene and cough etiquette should continue. A reminder also that you should not be visiting patients in hospital if you are unwell or have been tested for COVID and are awaiting results.
Please visit the Local Health District’s website for more information about COVID-19