2021 media releases
- 02 December 2021An impressive five nurses and midwives from the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD), including three nominated by community members, are among 26 statewide finalists for the 2021 NSW Health Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Awards.
- 29 November 2021This HIV Awareness Week, and in the lead up to World AIDS Day on Wednesday, Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District, is encouraging people across the area at risk of HIV to get tested.
- 14 September 2021The Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) has further increased its capacity to care for local confirmed COVID cases, with a Special Health Accommodation (SHA) facility now established within the vacant portion of the new Bulli Hospital.
- 09 August 2021The Illawarra Shoalhaven’s COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Centre in the Wollongong CBD has officially opened its doors today, offering vaccine doses to eager locals who have previously booked online.
- 05 August 2021Construction of the Illawarra Shoalhaven mass COVID-19 vaccination centre is in its final stages, with the Wollongong CBD facility set to open its doors next Monday, 9 August.