- 13 August 2020Amanda and Siria from Illawarra Baby and Child Loss Support (IBCLS) visited Wollongong Hospital’s Birthing Unit this week to deliver information bags for bereaved families. Wollongong Hospital Maternity Operations Manager Barb Atkins and Wollongong Hospital Midwifery Unit Manager Karen Atkin were honoured to accept the bags from the group.
- 30 April 2020Works to upgrade Wollongong Hospital’s Birthing Unit are on track to be completed over the next month, and it’s anticipated the first babies will be born in the new space from mid to late-June. The $2.2 million upgrade will provide a more modern, functional and welcoming birthing space for local women and families.
- 09 December 2019Wollongong Hospital Maternity and Women’s Health Service Lead Barbara Atkins has provided an update about the temporary birthing unit at Wollongong Hospital. "The NSW Government’s $2.2 million redevelopment of Wollongong Hospital’s Birthing Unit, announced in July 2019, will deliver a more modern and welcoming birthing space.
- 02 September 2019The Wollongong Hospital Children’s Ward and Illawarra Hospital School will once again be transformed for Children’s Party Week from September 2-6. Kids and Families Co-Director, Dr Susie Piper, said the event is a fantastic opportunity for children and their families to interact with staff in a fun and engaging way.
- 19 August 2019Wollongong Hospital is now home to Australia’s first digital gamma camera, and nuclear medicine patients will soon benefit from faster scans at lower radiation doses.