Our service provides comprehensive cancer care treatment and support services to patients in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven regions. Our 300+ team treats 2000+ adult patients each month across the;
- Illawarra Cancer Care Centre in Wollongong
- Shoalhaven Cancer Care Centre in Nowra
- Milton-Ulladulla Community Chemotherapy Cancer Services
- Oncology/Haematology Ward (Inpatients) at Wollongong Hospital and;
- Haematology Clinic (Outpatients) at Wollongong Hospital
We coordinate appointments with Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists and Haematologists and our specialist teams manage patient chemotherapy, radiation therapy, clinical trials, heredity genetic testing and counselling and multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTs).
Our patients are supported by specialist nurses, dietitians, physiotherapists, social workers and psychologists.
We offer on site accommodation to regional patients, wellbeing and mindfulness programs and patient education and resources.
Our 300+ dedicated volunteers coordinate transport, emotional support, cancer resources and financial assistance for patients and their families.
Nicola Ryan and Prof Lorraine Chantrill
CoDirectors Cancer Services, ISLHD