As a patient, client, consumer, carer, family member or visitor to the Hospital, you have a number of rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- Access - To use our health services and facilities.
- Safety - To be treated with high quality health care in a safe environment.
- Respect - To be shown respect regardless of your culture, religion, beliefs, values, sexuality, age, gender or ability.
- Communication - To receive information about your health care in a way that you can understand so that you can give consent for treatment.
- Participation - To be included in decisions made about your care by talking to your health care worker and asking questions.
- Privacy - Your personal and medical information will be kept secure.
- Comment - To let us know when we are doing things well and when we are not. To find out how to give us feedback please ask our staff for a ‘Compliments and Complaints’ brochure or visit the Compliments and Complaints page of our website.
You have the responsibility to:
- Access - Come to your appointment on time and let us know when you cannot make it.
- Safety - Tell us about your medical history, the medications you take and any allergies you may have. If you are unsure about the care you are receiving talk to your health care worker.
- Respect - Be courteous to our staff and other patients. Respect the policies and practices of the facility, such as smoke free zones and zero tolerance to violence.
- Communication - Be open and honest with us. Please ask questions if you need more information. If you require an interpreter ask the staff to organise one for you. Interpreters are free and can be booked anytime by calling 131 450.
- Participation - You can be involved in the decisions made about your care by talking to your healthcare worker and asking questions.
- Privacy - Respect the privacy and confidentiality of others.
- Comment - Let us know when we are doing things well and when we are not. To find out how to give us feedback please ask our staff for a ‘Compliments and Complaints’ brochure or visit the Compliments and Complaints page of our website.