Immunisation education update
This comprehensive immunisation education update is tailored to all immunisation nurses working in the Illawarra Shoalhaven area and especially targeted for nurses who have not remained current with their authority to immunise. The annual event will be presented by the Public health Unit Immunisation team together with Coordinare in Illawarra and Shoalhaven area. Venues & dates will be uploaded when registrations open.
At the completion of this event participants will:
- Be considered current for their education practice as an authorised nurse immuniser
- Recognise the importance of Adverse Event Following Immunisation
- Have an understanding of the new NSW Vaccine cold chain management requirements
- Understand the current NSW School Immunisation Program
- Be Updated on COVID-19 vaccine
- Recognise the importance of immunisation for Aboriginal people and their communities
- Obtain CPD hours
Below you will find useful webinars relevant to your work practices
How Vaccines Work
“Ever wondered how vaccines work? QLD health created this short animation to illustrate the process and explain why vaccines are so important in helping your body fight diseases”
Immunisation Monthly Newsletter
New Information, Updates, facts, TIPS and reminders.
Get the latest information here in our monthly newsletter: