Trainee selection for the Illawarra Network is through the annual Junior Medical Officer Recruitment Campaign of NSW Health.
The applicants must meet the below essential selection criteria:
- MBBS or equivalent. Current general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- A minimum of two (2) full years of postgraduate experience by the start of the clinical year
- Demonstrated recent relevant experience in clinical medicine and ability to work in a complex clinical environment
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills in dealing with patients, team members and supervisors
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, teaching, research, quality improvement and/or clinical leadership in medicine
- Demonstrated teamwork, time management and problem solving skills in clinical setting within a multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to apply clinical knowledge and concepts in practical situations in the context of multiple competing priorities
- Current registration as a Basic Physician Trainee with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (or eligible for) and intent to obtain Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Physicians.