Trainee selection for the Illawarra Network is through the annual Junior Medical Officer Recruitment Campaign of NSW Health.
The applicants must meet the below essential selection criteria:
- MBBS or equivalent. Current general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- A minimum of two (2) full years of postgraduate experience by the start of the clinical year
- Demonstrated recent relevant experience in clinical medicine and ability to work in a complex clinical environment
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills in dealing with patients, team members and supervisors
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, teaching, research, quality improvement and/or clinical leadership in medicine
- Demonstrated teamwork, time management and problem solving skills in clinical setting within a multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to apply clinical knowledge and concepts in practical situations in the context of multiple competing priorities
- Current registration as a Basic Physician Trainee with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (or eligible for) and intent to obtain Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
Advanced Trainee Information Session
IMN will be hosting an Advanced Trainee Information Session on 18 June 2020 at 5pm via PEXIP. Information will be provided on applying for Provisional Advanced Training positions for the 2021 Clinical Year.
BPT Information Session
IMN Information Session for 2021 Annual Medical Recruitment for Basic Physician Trainees will be held on 29 July 2020 at 17:30pm via PEXIP.