Research Central’s goal is to assist ISLHD clinicians with research processes. We provide individual project support, including:
- assistance with developing research questions or hypotheses;
- study design and planning;
- guidance and support with ethics, and governance processes;
- direction and advice on statistical analyses;
- review and feedback of manuscripts;
- assistance in dissemination of research through appropriate channels, and available resources.
We believe it is important to link clinicians to researchers with expertise, and facilitate collaborations with other entities for a greater research impact. Relational events are provided throughout the year by Research Central. These events include the following:
- Annual Research Dinner highlighting achievements of ISLHD clinicians’ research activities;
- Symposiums that provide insight into current research involvement in ISLHD;
- Workshops regarding research processes, content and statistical analysis;
- Annual Research Report delivering snapshots of ISLHD clinicians’ research projects and achievements of the past 12 months;
- The ISLHD Research and Quality Bulletin allows the dissemination of finalised research/quality projects, and provides an intermediary platform to guide the publication process.
Research Central takes pride in nurturing research acculturation through advocacy, promotion and support for all levels of research and for all ISLHD staff.
Research Central sits in the Research Directorate at Wollongong Hospital, Block C, Level 8.
Who are we?
Clinical Director of Health and
Medical Research at ISLHD
Associate Professor Bruce Ashford
Honorary Clinical Associate Professor Marianna Milosavljevic
Telephone: 4253 4875
Telephone: 4253 4891
Lina Baytieh (on secondment)
Telephone: 4253 4811
Telephone: 4253 4892
Telephone: 4253 4823
Dr Jose Cuenca
Telephone: 4253 4807
Dr Kimberley Davis
Telephone: 4253 4786
Telephone: 4253 4819